Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is information that can be used to identify or contact a single person. Personal information may also include information that is confidential to your or your organization that you import into or use in connection with our products to create analyses and projections for your own use. Confidential information does not include any information or content provided by Waterfind that you may combine with your information to create such analyses and projections.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Waterfind may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create a Waterfind account, purchase a product, access our services, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card or other financial information.
In addition, we have created, from publicly available records and domains, a database containing owners’ names, addresses, parcel sizes and crops relating to agricultural land in the state of California.
How we use your personal information
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Waterfind users.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Waterfind, you may not opt out of receiving these communications by contacting us at: email@example.com.
- We will use the information that we compile using public records and databases to contact producers with information regarding our products and services. For instance, we may send an electronic message to an email address available in a public record with our newsletter and access log-ins to a portal containing agricultural and water intelligence data.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Waterfind’s products, services, and customer communications.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to disable cookies. Other internet browsers also provide options for disabling cookies.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Waterfind may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Waterfind website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times Waterfind may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Waterfind to provide products and services, or that help Waterfind market to customers. We may sell the information we gather using publicly available records and domains when we sell our other services. However, personal information supplied by you will only be shared by Waterfind to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Waterfind may share personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering our services to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our other services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Waterfind operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your state of residence − for Waterfind to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms of service and subscription services agreement or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
Waterfind takes the security of your personal information very seriously. The Waterfind website, and online services are hosted by Amazon Web Services with its associated security protocols.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
To provide location-based services on Waterfind products, Waterfind and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Waterfind and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Third‑Party Sites and Services
Waterfind’s website, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within our company.
Privacy Rights: Opting Out of Marketing and Transfers; Accessing, Updating And Deleting Information
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You may opt out of receiving our marketing efforts, you may do so, at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in any email you receive from us and following the instructions on the screen or by responding to an email and including “Remove” in the subject line. Please be aware that you cannot opt out of receiving our service messages.
You may also opt out of receiving our marketing efforts or our sharing information with third parties by contacting us at:
2911 E. Barstow Avenue, M/S 144
Fresno, CA 93740
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging into your account at http://www.waterfindusa.com. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Waterfind is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
Please note that, from time to time, personal information collected from you may be processed and stored by us or our partners in jurisdictions in which disclosure may be compelled by governments, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies of those jurisdictions as required or permitted by the laws and courts of those jurisdictions. Depending on the laws of the applicable jurisdiction, we may not be allowed to provide notice to you of such required disclosure.